At long last, the McFarland Community Garden will be getting an official SIGN! But, FIRST, we need a logo for the McFarland Community Garden. This will be the official “brand” for our garden, and will be used to distinguish our garden on print media, website, and products for purchase (such as t-shirts and water bottles). We are looking for a creative high school student with graphic design knowledge and experience to create our logo for us.
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions must be high quality digital files in .jpg or .png formats
- Design must fit within a circle shape (on our garden sign the image will be 28″ in diameter)
- Design should be images, not text
- Design should evoke the mission of the garden, which is to grow healthy food as a community of gardeners (vegetables might feature prominently)
A finalist will be chosen by the McFarland Community Garden Leadership Team, and he/she will receive a $50 gift certificate to the McFarland House Cafe. The chosen art will then be integrated into our new signage for our whole community to enjoy for years to come.